TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard Delivery - Our standard delivery service is FOC on most orders over £500. We will contact you to advise prior to despatch if there are any anomalies. For orders under £500, please telephone 0161-941-4143. Local deliveries may be FOC if we are delivering nearby, our standard service is £35, or tiles can be collected from our warehouse. Standard Delivery takes 3/5 working days, van deliveries between 8am and 4pm with hand offload, local only. Palletways deliveries between 8am-6pm nationwide with pump truck and tail lift offload. Prices and delivery information as detailed below.
£50 next day available on orders placed before 11 am - £85 Saturday AM delivery available on orders placed before 11am on Friday
Surcharge Postcodes - Additional delivery charges apply if you live in the following areas:
£65 - Belfast and certain Scottish Highlands postcodes, as follows:
BT, IV3-4, IV6-7, IV11, IV13-28, IV30-32, IV36, IV63, KW1-3, KW5-14, PA21-35, PA38, PA41, PH19-26, PA30-41, PA49-50
£100 - Any island, including Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Scottish islands, as follows:
IV40, IV42-48, IV51-54, KW15-17, ZE, KA27-28, PA20, PA42-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, TR21-25, PO30-41, GY, JE, IM, HS, PA80
Delivery to these postcodes takes a minimum of 5 working days.
Please advise if there are any local access issues (Max vehicle Dimensions 7.3 mtr length. 2.4 mtr width. 2.4 mtr height)
All deliveries are kerbside only
Kerbside Delivery - Due to insurance guidelines, the delivery is made to the kerbside only and it is up to the driver to determine the nearest accessible point to your property. Please note:
- The driver is unable to open the pallet, physically handle the tiles or enter your property
- We recommend arranging for adequate help to immediately move your order into your property upon delivery
- Please remember that tiles are heavy and some boxes may weigh up to 30 kg
Access Issues - Please inform us if there are any local access issues close to your property so we can make alternate arrangements - for example, narrow lanes and roadworks.
We may have to charge extra if a redelivery is needed or a smaller delivery vehicle required.
Signing for your delivery - A responsible person must be present upon delivery to inspect, check and sign for your order:
Check all goods are present
Inspect for any damages
Sign to accept the delivery
Upon delivery, you will have 15 minutes to carefully check and sign for your order.
If you see or suspect any damage then you must follow the guidelines below.
Please ensure the person responsible for signing is aware of the order due in and our delivery guidelines.
Damaged Goods - Every order is checked for damage before it leaves our warehouse and thankfully, damage during transit is very rare.
However if you suspect or see damage of any description:
Mark 'DAMAGED' on the delivery note and nothing else
Take photos of the damaged pallet and goods
Inform us within 24 hours by phone or email
Please note that we can only issue free replacements if the above steps are followed.
Returns / Returns Policy - If you change your mind after your tiles arrive don't worry - we offer 30 days return policy for the full order only
Just send your order back to us and we'll refund you in full, excluding the original delivery charge, if any.
Surplus Tiles - We operate a ‘no returns policy’ for surplus tiles and cannot be held responsible for surplus goods as quantities are estimates only. It is your responsibility to ensure you have ordered the correct amount.
Unwanted Orders - Under certain circumstances, we will accept back unwanted orders. They must be packed as they arrived as they will have to travel back to us without being damaged. The courier that delivered them will also collect them. We regret that we are unable to accept returns if the courier is unable to get the order back onto his vehicle with the use of a manual pump truck. None of our delivery vehicles have “fork lift” or “hiab” (long arm) capability. When the goods arrive back at our warehouse, they will be checked for damage and shortages. Once everything has been confirmed OK, you will be refunded the value of your order LESS any delivery/collection charges.
1. These terms & conditions supersede any terms and conditions proposed by the buyer, and may not be varied without written consent of the seller.
2. CTC means Cheshire Traditional Contracting Company Limited. Company registration number is 2645701
3. CTC will not be liable for any calculations or estimates made by CTC from plans or measurements prepared by CTC or the customers. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine the precise quantity of goods required.
4. Before fixing, ensure that goods ordered, are in satisfactory condition, and are suitable for the purpose required. No claim can be accepted once tiles have been fixed.
5. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing, chipping or shade variations.
6. Variations in shade and pattern can occur. (It is recommended that tiles from more than one box are mixed to give a reasonable blend).
7. We can only be held responsible for any failure on products supplied by us to the extent of the manufacturers of such products being prepared to guarantee the same.
8. Where applicable read and follow manufacturer’s instructions printed or supplied with the product.
9. Goods cannot be supplied on sale or return basis. No goods will be taken back or exchanged unless previously agreed. Materials will only be uplifted by our drivers when an official collection note has been issued by us and a proof of purchase provided. Credit will only be given for materials of a current shade and calibre (this will be at the discretion of CTC, PROVIDING that the request to collect is made within 30 days of delivery.
10. The right is reserved to refuse cancellation of “special” orders (orders of nonstock items); or in the case of goods already in transit; or the process of manufacture.
11. No claims will be accepted against deliveries signed for “unexamined” or “unchecked”. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure the delivery is correct.
12. No claim for the shortage on delivery / collection can be entertained unless notified at the time of delivery / collection.
13. Claims for damage relating to boxed items which could not be examined in detail at the time of delivery must be notified to the seller within two days of receipt.
14. CTC will retain title of the goods until such time as payment for the goods has been received in full.
15. Any dates quoted for deliveries are approximate CTC shall not be liable for any delay with delivery of the goods.
16. The customer must ensure that the delivery location is ready to receive the goods and depending on the nature of the delivery, the customer is responsible for ensuring there is suitable access for the particular type of vehicle required.
17. CTC are not responsible for delivering goods beyond the kerbside, unless by prior arrangement. CTC will endeavour to satisfy all reasonable requests but reserve the right to refuse delivery.
18. All accounts are strictly nett and payable at the end of the month following month of invoice, unless otherwise stated on the invoice.
19. All goods remain the property of the seller until payment is received in full.
20. CTC will retain title of the goods until such time as payment for the goods has been received in full. 21. Prices are subject to alteration without notice and are subject to the addition of V.A.T at the rate applicable at the time of invoice.
22. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will cause the withdrawal of credit facilities and any sums outstanding will become payable immediately.